I've been following Link's astrology on her blog and she's been spot on lately. We all know that astrology isn't science buuuuut, my stars this November were all about house and home.
Strange things have been happening and I swear there is a black hole in the universe of my bedroom.
1. I dropped the lid of my lipstick at my feet and it's disappeared. It must be under the bed but a sweep with the broom revealed nothing.
2. Last night my small night stand wobbled a bit then the one screw holding the whole lot together appeared to unscrew itself and I now have two pieces of night stand. The screw is not screwing back so I have to find another of the exact size but also somehow glue it in.
3. This morning while putting on my earring the clip of one went ping and disappeared. I looked in my slippers, the bed and down my bra, nothing.
4. A week ago my dressing gown caught the small photo of my son that stays on the nightstand so I looked on the floor, the hem of the gown and the bed. It's gone, I haven't found it yet. I tried the sweep under the bed thing again, nothing. And no, I can't lay on the floor to look with a torch, I'm not that fond of pain.
And then we have the house.
5. I wondered how I managed to get wasps inside the bathroom. The window is open but there's no screen. As the Bwca would say, bad men did it and ran away. I think the storm did it which means the little doodads holding it on have broken and I need a whole new screen otherwise the bathroom will turn into mould central.
6. A sunny day, great, hang out the washing for a lovely clean smell. Holding the wire on the Hills with one hand and reaching for the sheet with the other and the wire breaks and I go flat.
Which reminds me I haven't brought the washing in yet and the wire is still trailing through the grass. 37 years that wire has been there, doesn't anything last any more?
7. This might not qualify since it happens regularly. My chair fell off its bricks, while I was in it.
You want frustrating? Try lining up four chair legs with four bricks and centre them. It can be done but only by using words of four letters and repeating until finished. Why is it on bricks, I hear you ask? It was on wheels but I fell over, hit the chair which fell over and the wheel splintered the wood it was jammed into. I tried putting a couple of books under the wheeless leg but the other wheels kept spinning round so I took all of them off and brought in the bricks.
And all this after the lights fused and the dustbuster fritzed.
And my sister cracked a fetlock walking home from work Saturday night, not applicable to me really except that Karma's a bitch and just bit her on the fibula.
It might be time to break out the Tarot cards, take a look at the Angel Oracle and find my essence in the Druid Plant mythology. On the other hand Link could give me better stars for December and find my earring clip.