Monday, January 13, 2014

Web Wandering


I wish I had found this before Christmas because he looks just like IceBear. I just love the Catmas Tree. Bear gets the same dopey smile when I open a food can. It's a wonder Mother didn't do this with the dog and cat since she lit up everything else in the house.
 
And I found this brilliant idea for a coat or bag rack. Just a length of wood and odd handles from the Op shop. I'm always picking up pretty knobs out of the oddment basket then putting them back because there are no matching ones. Hand towells in the bathroom, necklaces in the wardrobe, scarves on the back of the bedroom door, sunhats and brolllies at the back door. I can't tell you how much I lust after a set of those ceramic rose handles. I cannot wait until the Op shop opens again and everyone dumps all the Christmas presents they hated. I particularly want two bowls for the base of my glass totem tea lights. Looks like a trip to Cheltenham then train to Mentone and take a large bag.

5 comments:

River said...

I had to giggle at the Catmas tree, but I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon.

The coat and hat rack is a different matter entirely. What a wonderful idea!! I'm saving that picture and carrying it around in my bag to remind me when I'm in second hand shops.

Elephant's Child said...

Oooh. I love the Catmas tree with every fibre of my being. And cats do bliss remarkably well.
And the coat/bag rack is a stroke of genius.

Ann ODyne said...

Hi everybody - I hope you are as cool as you can be and have put robust water containers out in the shade for the birds.
Now I can go back to PINterest and enter Christmas Cat into the searchbox. I just recommended it to Scotts Abode because they have a new one
with all the great photos we are used to and the gorgeous kitties are all fine.

JahTeh said...

River, with all the LED lights you wouldn't even have to plug the cat in.
It's a good thing you're in Adelaide or we might be having a turf war over the op shopping.

EC, I did look for a black cat for you.
I was thinking for you, a rack of string bags for your bulbs.

Miss O'Dyne, the cat has been out drinking the birds' water when he has a nice big dish inside. He's just being snarky. I'll follow your link, I missed their kitties.

Fen said...

Which op shops are good pray tell? I'm yet to explore around here (despite being here 3+ years!)