Tuesday, February 20, 2007

ANOTHER BEAUTY



Wrong, it's not another bloke, it's a frog. It's been preserved in amber ala Jurassic Park (that ala should have an accent on the a and I'm surprised blogger hasn't done it for me, slackers).

The tree frog appears to belong to the genus Craugastor and is only one centimeter long.

The amber could be as old as 25 million years since it was recovered from earthern deposits dating back to the Oligocene Epoch. According to researchers, they would love to try to extract DNA from the frog but the specimen is too valuable.

6 comments:

phil said...

Some might argue there's precious little difference between the two...

JahTeh said...

You're right Phil, cofee boy is almost as cute as the frog.

Davinoz said...

Ï'll send ya my keyböärd. It púts the blöödy things in äutomatically, drïves me nuts, having to backspace and rëtype...

Am jesting, sort of. For some reason this keyboard has decided to do it every time I type an " or ' in front of a vowel.

In actual fact .. the "normal" keyboard should create "accents" if you press the "Ctrl" key (found on bottom left). For example CTRL + ' then the letter creates á ..

Try looking up "Type international characters" in the "help" file.

(PS, this comment is from Davo .. I forgot I was signed in to the other name. Have created a blog on "New" blogger to experiment with.)

JahTeh said...

Thank you Davo, Davinoz - very dark gypsy mysterious.

Middle Child said...

Wow...what else can I say?

Middle Child said...

Thats so amazing... I love stuff like this