Thursday, March 15, 2007

STICK IT TELSTRA

Telstra must think a lot of me. They want me to get active and help put pressure on the Federal Government to get moving on broadband for everyone. It's necessary for the economy and only a couple of million people have broadband. Telstra wants to invest billions in delivering high-speed broadband but the government's stopping them. They want me to register as a Telstra Active Supporter. Talk to family, friends and colleagues. Contact my local Federal MP. Organise a community meeting. Set up a local supporters group. Write letters to the editors of newspapers. Ring talkback radio. Involve influential community members.

That's a lot of work they're putting on my shoulders. Isn't that what Sol's getting the big dollars for? Aren't they, up there in the ivory towers, supposed to be working for the good of the customers? Is there going to be pensioner discounts for the broadband? It doesn't mention the cost of this wonderful high speed broadband. How much did this little advertising campaign cost me to tell me to do the company's work?

In today's mail, I received a questionnaire. If I don't fill in all the details and get it back to them by 26th April, they're cutting off my pensioner discount for phone calls. That's a great way to get me on side, Sol.

8 comments:

Middle Child said...

Whoooaaa! Most of bloody telstra is not even publicly owned... these days so how can they threaten like that?

Also one of our daughters has a partner who used to work for Telstra in Computer security...and he like the best of the techicians has deserted the sinking ship of Telstra...after they cut their conditions to buggery...

they are bullies and perhaps an Independent menber or the Opposition would like to know about how they are threatening people

Anonymous said...

It is now a private company, there to make money. Expect nothing less.

Anonymous said...

"Ask not what we can do for you, ask what you can do for our company for jack shit in return" ~ Telstra

Bastards! Did you call them and tell them what you thought, JT? I hope so.

Steph said...

Tell them to get stuff and you're going to switch to Optus. They'll offer you a heap of free stuff. The twats.

Link said...

YEAH. That's so fucked, are they going to pay you to do all this crap? Strong letter to Sol is needed JahTeh, cc's for everyone, this is a gross violation of being a human been. I suggest you put it to Sol in those terms, play the CEO guilt card.

JahTeh said...

MC, I firmly blame the Rodent for selling my telephone company in the first place. We'd better watch him if, sorry, when he loses the election or there'll be an auction on eBay for Kirribilli.

I still have the pamphlett and it will be returned with the questionnaire with a note pinned telling them to do it themselves.

I'm a stick in the mud Steph, last time I changed anything it took me 12 months of raging to get everything right. They sent me a letter of congratulations on finally completing their end of the contract so I used the back of that to say I was going back to my old supplier. I could have done that in the first place but this was more fun.

Link, the man's an American, does he even speak english and he's probably too busy counting his bonus. I can't believe how much money that man's getting, if he had a conscience he'd be ashamed and worried since Costello will be looking for a job come November.

Anonymous said...

Are you all for real - get a life. Is Optus (Singapore Govt) going to build the investment? Do they work outside the city? No. Why do you hate an Australia company so much. Have Optus given us soo much? Go to the UK, USA & Asia and see what is happen there. Why does the Singapore Govt invest in Singapore and not in Australia.

JahTeh said...

Gerry, where's your bear? Optus is Singapore? They hide, like TXU being Texus electricity.