Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WHO IS IN CHARGE?

Right then, who's in charge of all these Ad Agencies producing the crap ads on TV at the moment?

The little kid running up the stairs to find her bedroom is a brick wall because the insurance company wouldn't cough up enough to build it. Have you looked at the size of the house? And not a stick of furniture in the joint.

That Magnum ad with good old botoxed to the hilt Hurley. Swans down the red carpet in a dress that's almost there and grabs a bloke's ice-cream and EATS IT! Who are they kidding? That woman hasn't had a decent meal let alone a chocolate covered ice-cream in the last ten years.

And since I'm totally obsessed with food at the moment and my only comfort is the numerous food blogs I visit, here's one I particularly like http://theoldfoodie.blogspot.com and I hope he won't mind me nicking his quotation for the day.

"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."
Calvin Trillin.

I can relate to that. The Brick Outhouse is always amazed when I take something out of the fridge and make a meal from it. I've converted him to putting sliced roast meat in batter or layering it with onions and gravy to simmer in the oven with or without a topping of fried breadcrumbs with cheese or mashed pototoes. It's even easier now that gravy comes in liquid form ready to microwave. He did remember a recipe I used to make when they were little and I'm surprised I wasn't arrested for child abuse for giving them sausages cooked with baked beans, pineapple, green pepper and onions.

6 comments:

BwcaBrownie said...

that recipe sounds alright to me.
Lizzie Hurley would probably like it too.

Her ice-cream advert shows her relating (that's an 'r') orally to a hard long thing, but we don't see her actually swallow,, do we now?

JahTeh said...

Glad you put the 'r' in or we'd have tightjeans salivating. She didn't actually swallow but she bit and I bet she was out in the portaloo upchucking between shots.
The thought of sausages, baked beans and pineapple is enough to keep me on a diet.

Meredith Jones said...

Yes I agree with go away please, that sausage recipe actually sounds like something out of a Jamie Oliver cookbook. But then I guess a lot of his creations are based on leftovery-type meals. I read somewhere that for a man to cook he needs 50 bucks, four hours & all the pots & pans, while a woman only needs an old cabbage, half a packet of pasta, a lemon and two anchovies. Of course that's terrible, and incorrect, especially as I very very rarely cook these days.

Anonymous said...

Laughing out loud at the quotation.

JahTeh said...

Meredith I felt so lazy after watching the CWA ladies doing all their cooking and a few in their 80s but I swear I was an army cook in a former life and I simply can't cook for one so what I do has to go in the freezer. From what I remembered of that recipe I had to grill the sausages first, fry the onion, pepper & pineapple then throw it all together with the baked beans. The rest I could handle but pineapple and baked beans?

Andrew I laughed at that when I read it. The old foodie is quite a good read as he's into the origins of old food recipes. I am addicted to food shows on TV and I wish they'd bring back Stephano Pieri.

Davoh said...

AND Who's in charge of all the crap Ads??
HELEN COONAN a FEMALE!!!!!

..grmbl grmbl mmuble goes back t sleep... grr.