Monday, February 25, 2013

Full moon's on the way.




Cute isn't it?
It's called the southern grasshopper mouse. It lives in the badlands of south-western U.S. and Mexico.
It's carnivorous, fresh meat on the menu from crickets, rodents, tarantulas to scorpions and other grasshopper mice if food is a bit scarce.
And after a feast there's nothing better than throwing back one's head and howling at the moon.
Standing there like that, with open mouth, I could almost imagine it on X Factor.
I'd watch that especially after it finished with the judges.

6 comments:

River said...

Such a cute little mouse, but I'm glad he doesn't live in my house. Carnivorous little bugger might start on my toes.

Kath Lockett said...

"looooooove is a many splendoured thing.....!"

The Elephant's Child said...

I am grasshopper mouse - hear me roar.

JahTeh said...

River, I couldn't upload the video with it howling at the moon but it gave me a laugh.

Kath, I will never get that image out of my mind now. I can see it at LOLcats with a photoshopped tuxedo.

EC, hear me roar is right. Scorpion stings don't bother it, they just bash it until its dead then eat the head.

Maalai said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

Vest said...

Macfarlanes lantern brings out the loonies.