Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Who has the best Galaxy, we do!

Galaxy Cove Vista
Image Credit & Copyright: Rogelio Bernal Andreo (Deep Sky Colors)


You must do the clicky thing to get all the glory of this photo.  There's a lot going on in the sky and on the ground.  Rogelio perched above a secluded cove in the Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park in California.  He used a long exposure to bring out the light from the stars and nebula in our Milky Way galaxy.  Then moonlight and a brief artificial flash illuminated the beach and inlet.  McWay Falls is usually obscured but they're just visible below image centre and the Pacific Ocean is to its right.  It's a composite image taken two weeks ago and it's the sort of thing I'd like to be looking at from my 10 star hotel room.
I am not a perching above a secluded cove person waiting to click a camera.  I'd rather someone else did it.

Tomorrow is Mothers Day afternoon at the Home, do not expect sweetness and light when I next blog.

4 comments:

River said...

It's so pretty! There are so many stars in that sky. I like the luminous edge to the beach too.

Brian Hughes said...

Milky Way's all right, but it doesn't fill you up like Mars or Galaxy.

River said...

@ Brian Hughes; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

JahTeh said...

River, I could swim naked there in the light of the Galaxy except I'd be looking over my shoulder for telephoto lens.

MiLord, deep fried mars bars? I could never get the point of frying a mars bar.

River, Do. Not. Encourage. Him.