Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stating the obvious, it's bloodcurdling cold.

I had to sit at the fire this morning and warm up until I could get in the shower to warm up. The cat went outside and I swear he must have pee'd on the run, turned and was back on the bed before I put his food down.

Firefox updated and my little orange cats are not compatible with the new operating system. Damn, phooey.  I went through so many layouts until I found green leaves, daisies and ladybirds which didn't go with the blue I had with the cats.  So back into Windows themes and now the olive green suits.  Minor irritation but after the weekend, it was enough to bring on loud swearing at a defenceless computer.

Visit to the Home.  I'm glad I'm not there tonight. I don't know what was dished up for lunch but there is going to be a lot of changing of linen tonight if this afternoon's episodes are repeated. It was freezing walking there but the Home seemed to be sitting in the middle of a great ring of clouds and the sun was shining but not warming anything up.  It didn't warm me up but I was home before it rained on me. So the day finishes as it began, I'm freezing and the cat is fed and in front of the fire.

5 comments:

River said...

I know I'm going to regret this in January-February, but I'm looking forward to a little more warmth. I must be getting old, feeling the cold more than I used to.

Elephant's Child said...

There was snow on the hills this morning. And bright sunshine - which even I noticed wasn't offering a lot of warmth...
Just the same I am dreading January and February.

JahTeh said...

River, any broken bits in the body always feel the cold. I knew we'd pay for that nice warm stretch at the start of winter.

EC, I stayed in bed with cat this morning and loved the winter sun streaming in until the tree chopper turned up then the branch shredder and the noise was unbelievable. I thought I might as well get up.

Unknown said...

I like the cold. It means I can wear something other than cotton.

JahTeh said...

Poor MiLord, soon it will be cold again in the land of the snow white Pom.