Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Still no chair and no table and one fall.


I want this, really really want this.  The colour is just right and diamonds set in platinum.

Now for the grouching.  Bloody Google wouldn't let me have my photos for the blog unless I signed in.  What is going on with all this rubbish of changing passwords, signing in for everything and half my photos in a cloud somewhere.  Blogger used to be so easy and no, I refuse to go any higher than 8.1, in fact I'd go back to Explorer if I could. At least I have not bothered you with advertising which is  why I never have anything to say on Facebook.

I'm uncomfortable in this stupid chair.  After spending nearly 6 weeks with a walking stick and more pain killers than Liz Taylor, I finally could walk without hurting on that left hip only to pick up the phone for the bathroom and a long shower and fall over. Guess which side I fell on, no don't bother, the left hip but it didn't hurt.  It didn't hurt when the ambos came, didn't hurt walking or sitting in my chair.  I felt like dancing with scummo and talking in tongues at the miracle.  They wanted to take me to hospital and I said absolutely not, my sister is a nurse and she'll come if I need anything.  This was Thursday and I finally rang her on Saturday to find out she was home in Queensland. She'd left on Thursday without a goodbye.  Well she'd been here a week, spent two hours with me, bought lunch and left.

I am a family of one and a half or two if you count the size of the cat.  I haven't left the house nearly all winter even for the letter box.  I'll be okay when sunshine and spring really decides to stay, not this coming and going and warming and freezing.  I'm used to anxiety but this year it's ramped up to anxiety on steroids.  There have been days when I haven't moved from my chair in front of the fire.  This week has been big, two huge bags went off to the op-shop, taken by a friend over from Tasmania. And the nephew still hasn't turned up to do the chair and the table but someone from Tassie did help out.
Best of all she turned up with hot fish and chips for lunch. 

And friends, I have found most of your last year's Christmas presents.  I'll be sending them as early for this year. Chair has started to grow teeth and pain is following. The only thing that is giving me reason for life is seeing the Big Orange get impeached.  I would like to go back in time and give the LNP free tickets on the Titanic but the ocean is in enough trouble without throwing that toxic muck into it.  Must go now, this old drug addict is needing Panamax.  Mmm, mustn't forget to put Kerrie Ann Kennerly on the Titanic as well after her genius comment about using protesters as speed humps. I hope her face job cracks.
 

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry.
So very sorry.

JahTeh said...

El Chi, no sorry here, I have a roof over my head and I get to blame you for the freezing temperatures because I know you love it.

River said...

Another fall (oh dear) and it didn't hurt? Have you padded your floors with soft foam rubber? I'm salivating here at the thought of hot fish and chips and have decided to have that for dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick some up on my way home from the hospital where my grandson is recovering from pneumonia. I hope you get that table and chair done soon, can't you hire a friendly neighbour to do it?
We had a hot day here recently where I got around in t-shirt and shorts, but I'm back in my fleecy pj's and dressing gown now. This weather is ridiculous. I wish it would decide one way or the other.
Please look after yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh, fish and chips. Your sister is after something. She is not as bad as you suggest.

Good to hear our Christmas presents will soon be on their way.

KAK is awful and nearly ready to marry Alan Jones, except he is not the marrying kind.

Your problems? Sorry, missed them.

Beth Waltz said...

Dear JahTeh, although your taste in jewelry remains impeccable; and your vocabulary (particularly the images conjured up in your curses), apt, one is tempted to fault your choice of family. This soldiering on alone won't win you any medals. Given your mobility challenges, would it be possible to enlist a visiting nurse (or your mum's good doctor) to prescribe some sort of ergonomically sound rolling chair? A worthy replacement for that @#$% desk chair!

Ann ODyne said...

which one of the kerryann kennel facejobs do you want to crack?
as Beth says "your taste in pearls is impeccable' and
we are all clutching our pearls at the news every day. I just read the baby dumb letter that Trump really sent to that bastard in Turkey. when people never read books, they never learn to compose an adult sentence. Soon he will get an adult sentence given to him of course.
I am so sorry you hit the bloody floor. Try for 2 walking sticks as I do. Impossible to carry anything while moving, but I have not fallen over yet.
I have my 6-month dentist checkup 50 kms away at 2 PM today. howling freezing wind outside & I am thinking how suicidal people don't give a damn about dental health.
massive love to you & the iBear

JahTeh said...

Beth, family is not to be mentioned until I get over wanting to wipe them out. It's my balance that is the problem, turning around quickly will do it. And thinking too many thoughts instead of concentrating really doesn't work.

Annie, can't do the two walking sticks, one is enough to get tangled in and I'm right for the walker again now. I just won't go out if it's windy and freezing so I'm waiting for spring warmth. Trump is such an idiot and definitely getting worse and if the Republicans walk away he'll be like a cornered rat. I hope they paint all the big red buttons green, it will confuse him for a while.

Ann ODyne said...

oh your 'paint the red button green is brilliant'. He'd go "It's the Greens, get it outta here".
Yes the 2 sticks are a constant tangle & with both hands occupied, I cannot carry anything which won't jam under an arm, however the alternative is- not moving at all. Decline is a comedy alright. You'll be getting your Spring weather on Wednesday - 30 degrees forecast for here. love from the bush