Saturday, May 19, 2007

A LITTLE LIGHT

I have a wooden faux copper two light fitting in the study. One globe shines on the computer and the other on the desk until it fritzed last week. Up the ladder again and screw in light bulb which isn't screwing because the screw fitting is disintegrating as I screw. Damn. Drag the ladder round to the other half of the fitting and try to get it to shine down. That worked, for now.

Sitting on the throne last night and contemplating the expansion of the universe when the light above me went boom. Fortunately the globe is enclosed in the glass fitting. Bad luck that I can't get up the ladder to unscrew the fitting while holding a new globe and the glass.

Yesterday the leg on my favourite made to measure for my backside chair, splintered and the wheel fell off. It's now slightly off-side propped up by two books. When it stops raining I'll go out and fetch four bricks to use and take the rest of the wheels off.

The only light today was my weigh-in, 132 kgs, on the knocker. To celebrate I think I'll go and visit some food blogs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a strong young man to help you.

JahTeh said...

How about four?

phil said...

Make sure they have good teeth.

I know that's not the firts thing you look at.

Anonymous said...

Jahteh, I wish you 4 bel ami men and good health.

JahTeh said...

Phil, one should always check the teeth when buying horse or man.

Lovely thought Adrian, but some of those little Bel Ami boys don't look as though they could lift my left foot. I might be stuck with the racing ferret look-a-likes Andrew picks out for me.

Anonymous said...

I didn't choose for you. You just got the leftovers.

R.H. said...

I am loyal to you Miss Jahteh, ever.

-Robert.

Lord Sedgwick said...

132 kgs, on the knocker."

Them's impressive knockers!

JahTeh said...

I didn't get any leftovers from the creme brulee the GG swilled down for his second birthday celebration.

The door to the blog is still open RH.

Andrew, your leftovers aren't much better than your take-aways.

Anonymous said...

That's a great result on the weight loss JahTeh!