Tuesday, July 01, 2008

STILL CLEANING, CLEANING EVER CLEANING

Another bruise, same shin. Bruise on the bum where I backed into the sharp corner of a table, can't confirm that by looking just by hurties. I didn't need to climb the ladder to dust the glass balls hanging from the ceiling not when the chandeliers look like set dressings on the Addams Family. It just confirmed that I shouldn't be allowed near a ladder at any time.

To hide the bruises I thought I should get out the black stockings and the new black garters I made last winter. Yes, I wear garters. No company yet has made pantyhose that reach halfway to my crutch let alone my waist. I buy thigh high stay-up stockings which just reach the knee and for winter, thick stockings that I cut the hose off the panty. And use garters. Except I can't find them.

I must have put them away so carefully after one of my riotious nights out on the booze. Oh yeah, there you are, still wrapped in my sheer black stockings, stuffed into my good shoes which I've put in their shoe bag. I have shoe bags. I wore them last...... sometime in12 months, give or take a week or two.

I really have to get a life.

7 comments:

R.H. said...

The glass balls bit is dangerous, expect something from Brian Hughes.

Your life is bigger than most peoples, generous enough.

Enough to find room for me.

JahTeh said...

I've always got room for more glass balls.

River said...

I haven't worn stockings or pantyhose in years. I cover up my varicose veins with black pants for work and jeans for the weekends, track pants for lounging around the house.
Dust those hard to reach things with a hairdryer, it blows the dust off so it settles down lower where you or someone else can get to it with a vacuum cleaner.

JahTeh said...

River, I hate pantyhose but I remember girdles and stockings which were worse. I still can't figure out why men find lacey garter belts and stockings sexy. They're hell to wear, like thong pants.
My mother-in-law used to dust every day at the same time but it's not the same as a good de-grime-ing every three months or in my case, 12 months.

JahTeh said...

I just remembered your weight, of course you can lounge in trakkie pants, you weigh the same as my left leg.

Middle Child said...

I just wear jeans with elasticised waists in winter - they are comfortable and let the leg hair grow baby (sometimes) Too much mud about here for dresses...My eldest sister laughed at me when she first saw the tops, but started wearing them when I was quite slim after a back injury when I couldn't stand any thing that wouldn't give round my waist -

now its a necessity.

hate panty hose, what mother invented that torture garmet...

Got such bad bulgy varicose veins I'm not game to wear anything constrictive enough to hold up stockings with - not ready for a stroke yet...

sound like a pretty picture hey?

But Don loved me anyway - love is blind.

JahTeh said...

Therese, I wore jeans in my teens and my father was horrified, now it's long dresses enough to cover my dignity if I fall over without knickers on.