Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LIFE'S COMPLICATIONS

Life is complicated with many serious problems that need solutions.

That started well now watch it go rapidly into triviality.

'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' starts tomorrow.

JB HiFi have 'Star Wars' out on DVD but it's the untouched version first shown in theatres. The good one without all the wankery Lucas put in later because he could. This edition is for a limited time only and knowing JB that could mean two days.

Film and DVD cost the same.

My old copy (original) is showing its age and I shouldn't play it or I'll wreck the video.

See how complicated life is and that's without culling the shopping list to pay for whichever one I choose.

I'll let Kevvie play with the financials in New York. I won't worry him about this. I wonder if Malcolm has a spare $20 he's not using?

7 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

I hope you didn't just view The Movie Show review of JTTCOTE - they canned it.
X X X

Brian Hughes said...

"...it's the untouched version first shown in theatres. The good one..."

Ah...you mean the reel of blank film they had before they started shooting?

Jayne said...

JTTCOTE isn't too flash, according to the offspring's friends.
Go for the JB HiFi special, it'll keep you coming back for more ;)

Love Hellboy and Ron Perlman, been trying to find a DVD of City of Lost Children for ages.

River said...

Forget the shopping list altogether. Buy the Star Wars. You may never get another chance. There's a soup kitchen nearby isn't there? Just put on the rattiest clothes you can find and line up.

JahTeh said...

Annie O, that could mean I would love it. I could hang out for 'The Duchess' with Keira Knightly. Skinny tart, they must have had someone underneath the hoop skirts holding her up. She did say she had headaches from the weight of the wigs.

Fleetwood, you are so jaded and cynical. I can only put it down to the crappy Lancashire weather and the government and the class system and Her Maj.

Jayne, if the kids didn't like it, it must be bad. I'll take their opinion over the movie show. You might find a video of City of Lost Children, try Amazon or EBay.

River, I was persuaded by myself to wander into JB and buy a copy which has both versions of the movie.

Brian Hughes said...

Witchy,

Put it down to the fact that I've spent several decades in the company of the human race. It's enough to ruin anybody's optimism.

JahTeh said...

Once again Your Lordship, I know what you mean. In my case it was not leaving the Church in the one window of escape and the 'I do' part.