Sunday, October 11, 2009

VERY HARD TO BLOG ABOUT LIFE

I'm suffering from the 'Bambi' Complex, if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I have a sharp tongue that could blister paint from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and I'd feel right at home on that planet of Frank Herbert's where they use words to kill.

So internalising the anger that's threatened to destroy what's left of our small family has left me with a heart attack in my future and a tongue glued to the roof of my mouth.

Suffice to say, I could slap my sister 6 ways from Sunday and boot the BrickOutHouse into the Monday after.

I am allowed to give my mother money to spend when she goes out for coffee and you standing there with a cigarette ($21 a packet?) is so hypocritical.
I do have to go through her things carefully and slowly since no-one wants to help except to hire a skip and chuck the lot.
I will not throw out her clothes in case she wants to wear a particular one she remembers.
Telling me I let her overspend on bed linen while you're making off with the doona covers, the new duckdown doona and her pillow cases (40 of them so you tell me later) earned you a mental kicking.
Tellling me you want the mess out of the house when your wardrobe is the lounge room floor went down a treat.
Sorry you're whacked because you've been carting out stuff for the hard rubbish for hours but didn't I tell you to start putting it in the carport weeks ago?

I could go on but the tranqulizers are kicking in and I'm starting to mellow.

9 comments:

JahTeh said...

If I spelled 'hypocritcal' feel free to correct me and you'll end up with toadstools growing where the sun don't shine.

River said...

So after you've slapped and booted the sister and brickouthouse as far as Adelaide, let me know, and I'll slap and boot them all the way back, so someone else can have a turn.

Ann ODyne said...

oh dear.
I have no siblings.
I used to feel bad about that.
Thanks.

Kath Lockett said...

That's what blogs are for - to give slaps and stay out of jail!

Jayne said...

My cousin was in the same boat as you, J, and has never said boo to her sister or brother.
What your siblings are doing are placing you in the surrogate mother position/seeing you as an extension of your mother so they can whinge and whine all the crap they have issues with your mother and take it out on you, you who are acting as the sensible one and who, by only your actions, make them feel immature, childish and unreliable so they behave in that fashion.
For Goddess' sake let rip at them, J, cos it's done nothing but massive damage to my cousin's relationship with her siblings.
If it's not acceptable to treat a stranger in that way then what the hell makes them think it's ok to treat family that way?
Would you take this crap off Joe Blow down the street? Then don't take it from your family.

hazelblackberry said...

I agree with Jayne. Staying quiet isn't NOT doing any damage because it's giving you anxiety and making you resent them.

Think about what you want to say and say it. And don't feel guilty about it.

JahTeh said...

Thanks to me mates, all of you, would you like to be adopted?

BrickOutHouse redeemed himself by treating my father's old cardies with loving respect and insisting that the bookcase my son made him would stay with him for life.

It's no good fighting with my sister. You rage and shout and the next day she calls as though it never happened and that's worse than the fight.

I did the only thing possible, found a chocolate sale, the taste for it suddenly returned.

Middle Child said...

Please please please can I use this "
I have a sharp tongue that could blister paint from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and I'd feel right at home on that planet of Frank Herbert's where they use words to kill.So internalising the anger that's threatened to destroy what's left of our small family has left me with a heart attack in my future and a tongue glued to the roof of my mouth.Suffice to say, I could slap my sister 6 ways from Sunday and boot the BrickOutHouse into the Monday after."

You should write jahteh - its brilliant and i feel the freaking anger. I feel exactly the same way about 2 of my four sisters - and my chest hurts... I feel like hi could easily have a heart attack after one of their missives arrives in my email the smug, protected self absorbed bitches...

Lil Swizzy said...

I have a sharp tongue too, I totally get it!

Happy Blogging

-ak-

aubysworld.blogspot.com