Monday, May 05, 2014

Those were the days

I've been tidying and throwning out and if the bin inspectors take a look next garbage day, I'm blaming it all on the BOH.  Anyway I found a folder way back in the bottom drawer and I've been laughing for the last half hour.  Remember the good old days when computers were things of wonder and blogs were a joy to read before Facebook came and turned brains into jelly?  Nothing like a good cup of coffee and the daily email meme to start the day.
This meme has a date of Monday, 25 October, 2004.  Only the name has been changed of the retired subject.

LIE CLOCK

A man died and went to heaven.
As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. 
He asked, "What are all those clocks?"
St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks.  Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move."
"Oh," said the man, "Whose clock is that?"
"That's Mother Teresa's, The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"
St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock.  The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."
"Where's Tony Abbot's?" asked the man.

"Tony's clock is in Jesus' office.  He's using it as a ceiling fan." 

It just goes to show that a good meme never dies, it's just recycled as required.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A very fast paced ceiling fan...

River said...

Oh! I have to copy this and send it to everyone I know!
I love it!

JahTeh said...

EC, the way they're going they could air-condition a whole building.

River, I have some great memes and yes I am a hoarder. I even found one that I'd printed out on a dot matrix printer.

Andrew, it says it all.
Here's one that's all for you from "greeting card messages Hallmark could never use"
"As you grow older, Mum, I think of all the gifts you've given me. Like the need for therapy."

Davoh said...

Heh.