Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Amethyst by Mother Nature

JEAN VENDOME DIAMOND, AMETHYST, STALACTITE, CRYSTAL, STERLING SILVER, 18K YELLOW GOLD NECKLACE

Cascading down the left side are seven overlapping, graduating amethyst stalactite slices, ranging in size from approximately 50.00 to 20.00 mm, terminating in two carved floral amethysts each centering one full-cut diamond weighing a total of approximately 0.20 ct., cascading down the right side are eight graduating amethyst crystals ranging in size from approximately 35.00 x 20.00 mm, set in an articulated hinged, slide lever and figure eight locking sterling silver and 18k yellow gold collar. Accompanied by the original carved hinged wood box measuring approximately 10.50 x 10.50 x 2.50 inches.
Signed Vendome.
Sold for $22,420


I'd have bought it but it's not in my price range, anything under 25 grand is just for doing the housework in and you know me and housework.  It would make a nifty dreamcatcher with the moonlight shining through. 

4 comments:

River said...

Stunning, but which pure silk gown would I wear? The gold or the lavender? I suppose either would do.

JahTeh said...

River, it's winter, you'll have to go with velvet. A matching ring would be nice and I can see Angel with a small one for a collar. Isn't it lovely spending non-existent money?

Ann ODyne said...

oh that is SO PRETTY. we need to only see pretty things.
I have just been squeeee-ing over a cute cat gif that appeared in my Google+ feed and I wish I knew how to link it here so you could smile too.
kitten tasting water for the first time
thanks for sharing the flower jewels.

JahTeh said...

Annie O, I really needed that but isn't it just like a cat to struggle to drink from half full when there's a full bowl right next door.
I leave fresh water for the Bear but he'd rather go out and drink the manky birdbath water.